Saturday, January 8, 2011

Half Way Through

I want to first apologise for not writing recently and keeping my blog updated with all the cool stuff that's been happening. Blogs that will be written after this one;
  • New Year Fun
  • Construction in Indonesia
  • End of School / Off to Jogja!
  • Meeting a Social Entrepreneur
I like to read the end of the book first, so I'll tell you wants recently been happening to me in this relentless land I find myself in.

Well... I saw another volcano. And this time I actually got to touch the water, or sulfur pool (or whatever you call it)

AWESOMENESSES!!!
The temperature was truly cold, but when you touch the water it's really warm. But don't stand there too long. I found that I almost couldn't breath, what I was inhaling wasn't oxygen mixed with whatever level of nitgrogen, it was sulfide or something and my lungs couldn't hack it. I was having huge coughing fits ahaha.

I also have a new host family. No I didn't get rejected or anything like that. However the family that looked after me through December have had to go to Singapore for medical reasons and as such I am with a new family. I now have two host sisters called Silvia and Dinda and a host brother who lives in Jakata during the week called Rizky. My new mother (Ibu) and father (Ayah) are really nice too and feed me EVEN MORE than my last host mother. (bloody oth - hahaha)

My Host Mother (Ibu) and Sister (Dinda), Silvia is taking the photo.

After the volcano we went off to see a lake called Patengan. It was beautiful and on top of that, I got to ride on a traditional indonesian boat. Of course it was coloured all different kinds of awful colours which ruined the traditional feel but it was nice. And the landscape was just magnificent. Indonesia has awesome rainforest, and as the boat circled the lake it burst out of the land and into the water. Like the father says in the Australian film 'The Castle' - i couldn't help but sign and say 'feel the tranquillity'...

So Pretty!

So this was my day out yesterday! I'm actually having a lot of fun here. Where ever the chance I take a snap when I meet something totally different. For instance, check this out;

I'm standing in front of the tropical fruit called Durians. Indonesian people LOVE IT!!! I think it's absolutely disgusting. It's like eating grass, except it's in a fruit. But different people have different tastes. But seriously, people here would wash themselves in this fruit if they could. On second thoughts I think there is a durian soap you can buy. ahahaha?

SO yes, having lots of fun. I will be writing those posts very soon. Maybe tomorrow. Especially my meeting with the social entrepreneur. This man has really inspired me and I am so excited to write about him!

Love you all!!!

BIG o and SLOPPY x

Shez

No comments:

Post a Comment