Saturday, December 25, 2010

WILD!!!! Indonesia

IN - DOE - NAY - SHA *clap* *clap* ~ *clap**clap* ~ *clap*

Yes, I know that is not the correct spelling however this is the chant you need to sing if you are supporting Indonesia in Soccer/Football. And sing it I did as I joined my Host Sister in watching Indonesia play the Philippines in the Semi Final of the Asian Federation Football Cup.



Indonesia won 1 to 0. The atmosphere was electric. When their national athem played the whole stadium sang proudly the song they connected to as a country. I didn't understand a single word but as I stood there, overlooking thousands of people and the players on the soccer field I couldn't help getting goosebumps as the passion of the crowd over took me. I continually thought Phillipines didn't stand a chance as I looked out and all I saw was a sea of red and white, cheering loudly and proudly for their country. It was the greatest experience of my life.


I travelled to the football match with Putri's University Group. It was interesting to meet all the new people, and although I was shy at first and some of the people were distant by the end of it I had made a lot of new friends. 


Honestly I was a bit nervous in going to the football game as I was a foreigner, and hardly looked Indonesian. I thought I would be treated as an outsider, however that was defiantly not the case. The group I traveled with to the game took photos with me, joked with me, talked to me, helped me, cheered with me, gave me a really really STRONG coffee O.O and most of all befriended me.  I'll never forget this day, it was purely amazing and 100% fun!

Police Dude Wanted a Picture With Me... (I Wonder Why...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment